I became a psychotherapist by accident. I originality wanted to be a musician, but while in music school I experienced an injury that prevented me from completing my performance degree. Instead I began to do volunteer work at organizations around the Twin Cities. I started working with people experiencing severe life problems: homelessness, addiction, criminal backgrounds, HIV, abuse, trauma, and others. This became my new career. I take being a therapist very seriously and I consider it an honor and a privilege to help people.
- Individual, couple, and family psychotherapy
- Community Presentations and Trainings
- Report Writing
I am not a generalist. I specialize in the following areas:
- Addictions and compulsive behaviors
- Sexual and relationship problems
- Trauma and abuse
- Court-ordered services and reporting
- Master of Integrated Behavioral Health at the University of Minnesota – Twin Cities
- Master of Arts in Theology at the University of St. Thomas
- Licensed to practice in Minnesota and Wisconsin
- 10+ years of experience
My Counseling Style
While I adjust my style according to whatever problems a person is experiencing, there are some things about me that are consistent regardless of who I work with. I focus on challenging people to grow and make concrete changes in their thinking, behavior, and choices, to get out of their comfort zones, and to be active, invested players in their growth and healing process. I try to provide structure and resources to help people maximize their own healing efforts. I usually do this by giving assignments.
I have been described by my clients as “brass tacks.” I am open, honest, and direct with my clients about my recommendations. I ask for direct feedback in return which help me to become a better counselor and person.
Insurance and Payment
- United Healthcare
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Children’s Community Health Plan
- Wisconsin Medicaid/Forward Health
Thank you for visiting our webpage. We are looking forward to working together with you!